Thursday, April 18, 2013

Minnesota, home of two seasons!

That's right! Minnesota only has two seasons, winter and summer. If you've never been to Minnesota or don't know where it is, it's located in the upper Midwest between Wisconsin and South Dakota/ North Dakota. Even though we are located in a region where we should be getting "four seasons" we really don't. And other Minnesotans can back me up on this. We have about three months of summer between June-August. And than we have nine months of winter from September-May!
A perfect example of our crazy weather here is today! It rained, hailed, snowed, and had tornado warnings all in one day. Now tell me that's not crazy! And to top it off, it's in the middle of April! It's suppose to be spring and we get hit with a snow storm!? C'mon!!!!!

I bought some really cute flats two months ago thinking I would be able to wear it by now, but doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon. I miss the days I can wear my t-strap sandals and shorts. I can't wait to be able to go outside without bundling up. Sometimes I wonder why I live in a state that has winter nine months out of the year, and than I remind myself, snakes. I know a lot of people are afraid of snakes or they are not a big fan of snakes, but I am terrified beyond terrified of snakes. I think I would literately have a heart attack if I ever encounter I real snake. I know that there are snakes here in Minnesota too, but because it's so cold here nine months of the year, the chances are a lot smaller than a state that's warm year round. So, I guess I'm okay with a little crazy, cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment